Easy task here in New Zealand.
We are such an easy place in which to marry. There is only three days to process your papers. If you are coming from overseas and send your papers with your credit card details you can arrive and pick them up. How easy is that?
So what is an eco-wedding?
To me, it is simply choosing options that are on the side of simplicity and economical. Let me share some ideas for you.
· Consider nature and the seasons – look for wholesale flowers that are in season. Have a creative friend tie them up with a colourful ribbon.
· Table decorations can be decorated with succulents from a friend’s garden in recycled jars with ribbon or decorated small tins.
· Look on Pinterest for rustic-chic ideas. Things like homemade doilies, jars with wild flowers, home-made buntings.
· Recycle little black notice boards to provide inspiring words and messages.
· Visit Salvation Army stores and the like and gather up candle holders – no rule says you can’t have mismatched items.
· Bulk tea-lights in jars creates atmosphere without huge expense.
· Cake – don’t go with an elaborate cake and expensive price tag, instead choose that family member who makes the best cakes and ask them to help out.
· Look for a vintage wedding dress that you could wear for the wedding; then shorten and get more wear out of for other special events in your life.
· Make sure the fabric in the dress is hand washable, a very green concept.
· Visit with your grandmother, mother or aunts and raid there supply of lace and beads and see if you can incorporate them into you dress or bouquet to give it that wow factor.
· Ask your bridesmaids to choose a colour and a dress they will get more wear with. You might say cocktail length. No rule says that everyone has to match – I have seen some beautiful weddings with bridesmaids in different coloured dresses and similar styles.
· Antique ring from family (either side) or pick it up at antique stores. Some beautiful pieces that will save you heaps.
· Make recycled paper for your invitations.
· Create a Facebook Group – make it a closed group to invite guests and manage their responses.
IMPORTANT: You must be time rich to do many of these things.
Time rich to do them and enough lead time to pull it together.
There are certainly more to add to the list.